Once you have successfully prepared and filed financial statements in XBRL format based on similar filing requirements in the first year, it gets easier to prepare the financial statements in XBRL format in subsequent years. Here are some useful information to guide you in using the BizFinxXổ số xoa dịu preparation tool more smoothly.
Importing prior year’s information
There are three methods to prepare XBRL financial statements for a subsequent year:
- Open file with prior year’s XBRL financial statements and click on ‘Load Prior Period Data’ (recommended method)
Under this method, the prior year column in the templates will be filled with the data corresponding to the elements against which a match is found.
- Create a new XBRL financial statement file with subsequent year data, and import prior year data from prior year XBRL financial statements
Note that any imported data that does not match any data element in the templates will not be populated in the prior year column.
- Open file with prior year’s XBRL financial statements, and change dates accordingly for current year preparation
Under this method, there is a risk of certain data elements (e.g. text block) not being updated and erroneously filed as subsequent year filing.
Use the auto-tagging function
You can use the “auto-tagging” function to populate the latest data for all previously-tagged elements in statement of financial position, income statement and statement of cash flow. However, auto-tagging will not work on common elements in the XBRL financial statements (e.g. trade and other receivables under both current and non-current categories, in statement of financial position).
Refer to company label
Upon loading of prior year’s data, company labels (including combined company labels that are defined element names separated by “│”) created in prior year are ported over for your easy reference.
Check the footnotes
Xổ số xoa dịuPlease check that the footnotes are still relevant and accurate before submitting.
Tips on how to complete specific templates efficiently
Some tips on completing the template of ‘Statement of Financial Position’
- Open a copy of the financial statements (FS) tabled at AGM and/or sent to members (AGM FS) in word / excel format as source document through the toolbox, as shown .
- Check that the template format is similar to the AGM FS, such as the current/prior financial year start and end dates and number of columns should match.
- To add/edit/delete a third column (e.g. for beginning of preceding period due to restatements), use the “custom date options” function in toolbox.
- To add/delete columns on "Company" in consolidated FS, use the “company” function in toolbox.
- Automatically populate the template from the AGM FS, by using the auto-tag function. To learn more, click .
- Drag-and-drop the financial data on the source document to the template by rows (single row / multiple rows with function to aggregate / overwrite the values), instead of manually keying in the figures. To find out more, click .
Useful tips on completing the template of ‘Note – Property, plant and equipment’ (the same tips apply for ‘Note – Intangible Assets’)
- Compare the different classes of property, plant and equipment (PPE) in the template to the AGM FS. Ensure that the columns on the classes of PPE matches between the template and AGM FS.
- For the template, click to “edit classes of property, plant and equipment” to select and re-order the classes of PPE.
- For the AGM FS (if the classes of PPE in AGM FS is different from the classes of PPE in the template), you may want to copy the table in note – PPE in AGM FS to excel and make the necessary adjustments (i.e. adjusted table) to ensure that the classes of PPE match to the template. For example, if the AGM FS has disclosed “freehold land” and “leasehold buildings” separately, please combine as one column to be disclosed as “freehold land and leasehold buildings” in the adjusted table to be mapped to “land and building” in the template.
- Open the adjusted table as source document through the toolbox, as shown .
- Drag-and-drop the financial data on the source document to the template by rows (single row / multiple rows with function to aggregate / overwrite the values) as shown .
Quick guide of preparation tool
To view the quick guide of preparation tool, click here.